More Random Thoughts

It's been a while since I've shared some of my random thoughts, so now is probably a good time.

I've lost 13.4 pounds on Weight Watchers, which while it isn't much, I should explain that for quite a while, I've not been following it, and have just really recommitted to it. I've found that if I plan my meals in advance, I do much better at following it. Yes, it gets boring, yes, it frustrates Mac, considering that on Saturday, I had 4 points left for dinner. He had a reuben, I had a grilled chicken salad with fat-free Italian dressing.

I've even found that I can eat out at places like Buffalo Wild Wings. I can't always get what I really want there, but I can compromise.

I tried something different for breakfast this morning. Typically, breakfast is a McDonald's Egg McMuffin. While it fits into my daily points, I know it's not the healthiest option. Likewise, since we're on a quest to save money this year, spending $2.50/weekday for breakfast isn't helping that.

So, when we did our grocery shopping yesterday, I picked up english muffins, fat-free cheddar cheese, canadian bacon, and egg whites. I save 3 points/day by making my own egg mcmuffin at home, plus I save $2.50/day.

To save money, I'm also trying something where you save $1 the first week, $2 the second week, and increase it by $1/week. At the end of 52 weeks, you should have $1,378 saved. The premise is that you start small, with an amount you won't miss each week, and each week, you throw another dollar towards it, since you won't miss $1 more/week. I have my transfers for January scheduled. I'm also going to take the $2.50/day that I'll save by making my own egg mcmuffins and tuck that into my savings account each month. That's not going to be added into my spreadsheet for the savings plan, but if I can do both for the year, I'll have over $2,000 saved.

I think at least a few of us are going to be trying the freezer meals cookbook recipes, and swapping with each other. It can't hurt, and it'll be a nice way to prepare a recipe or two and have several in return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!