Freezer Meal Cookbooks

I realized, as I tried to plan meals for next week, that we have an empty freezer for the first time in ages. Not completely empty, but empty of meals. We have lots of antelope, elk, and mule deer, but we only have two freezer meals left. My January Dream Dinners session isn't until next weekend.

I'm kicking around several different ideas, from increasing my Dream Dinners order every month, to preparing some freezer meals at home, and then having those to use as well. Since my last attempt at preparing freezer meals at home didn't go well (Mac wasn't a fan of the ones I prepared), this time, I'm using cookbooks, not just recipes I found in other blogs and such!

I've just ordered three cookbooks, all geared towards preparing meals, freezing them, and then thawing and cooking later.

They are:
  1. Dream Dinners: Turn Dinnertime into Family Time with 100 Assemble-and-Freeze Meals
  2. Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer: Great-Tasting Meals You Can Make Ahead
  3. Fix, Freeze, Feast: The Delicious, Money-Saving Way to Feed Your Family
They should arrive on Tuesday, and I'm hoping that next weekend, even with everything that's scheduled, I'll be able to work in preparing a few of the meals. Mac has a Mason's meeting on Tuesday evening, so perhaps I'll select a few to try, and will prepare those while he's at his meeting.

I'll have seven meals from Dream Dinners, although one is for Mac only (Kung Pao Chicken), and he'll have that some evening when I'm at a girls night or something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!