Mango Chutney Chicken Dream Dinner

Tonight's dinner was Mango Chutney Chicken served over Jasmine Rice from Dream Dinners. Wow, was it yummy and easy to prepare! I started it around 4:45, and it was ready by 5:15. I even had time to prepare the Pineapple Upside Down Cake that was a surprise "thank you," for our first visit! I followed the directions, and started with the rice. I actually started that before taking the dogs out, since the directions said to start that, allow it to boil, then simmer for 20-25 minutes.Once we came back inside, I started the chicken. The instructions said to add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan, and then to brown both sides of the chicken. I didn't measure the oil, but rather, just coated the bottom of the pan. Probably a bit messy, and probably a bit extra oil, but it worked.
Once the chicken was browned, I added the sauce mixture, and allowed it to cook on medium heat for several minutes. I cooked off a bit of the liquid, and allowed the sauce mixture to thicken a bit.

Mango Chutney Chicken W/Jasmine Rice

When Mac got home, I tossed our side dish, broccoli with cheese sauce in the microwave, and cooked it. By the time dinner was ready, with all items cooked, the Pineapple Upside Down Cake was ready as well.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake

We ate dinner, and after I packaged up the leftovers, Mac took care of the dishes, and then devoured dessert! We'd finished dinner, dishes, dessert, and cleaning the stove by 6:15. Neither one of us can remember the last time that happened, but our guess is probably the last time I cooked breakfast or lunch. :-)
The Mango Chutney Chicken was very flavorful, with a sweet taste, but also a bit of an Indian flavor, with the curry that was used. Mac was very happy with it, and we're both taking leftovers for lunch tomorrow! He wanted to know exactly what it was called, so that when everyone asks him what he's having for lunch, he can tell them! Apparently, any time he has lunch that smells delicious or looks delicious, everyone asks him what I've cooked! He wanted to be sure he can tell them exactly what it is, because he enjoyed it that much.
The photos probably don't do either item justice, but they were taken with my phone, so they aren't the best quality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!