Dream Dinners--Before My Visit

A friend and I are going to try Dream Dinners this Saturday. We're splitting the 72 servings, and will each also receive a free 3 serving chef touched item. My selections are:
  1. Lemon Chicken Piccata with Fettuccine
  2. Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich with French Rolls
  3. Mango Chutney Chicken with Jasmine Rice
  4. White Chicken Lasagna
  5. Summertime Pasta with Chicken
  6. Outlaw Chicken Sliders
I figure that the chicken sliders and the pulled pork sandwiches are, at a minimum, a good go-to lunch for Mac, when we don't have leftovers, or when I want to take leftovers and he doesn't.
While Dream Dinners seems a bit more expensive than doing all of the work myself, it works out to less than $5/serving. Adding in the extra meal brings it down to under $4/serving.
I am still cleaning out my freezer to make room for all of this. I'm giving some of my FIL's elk to a coworker since she'll use it, and it means it's less that I have to store. She loves it, so I figure I’m sharing the wealth!
If this works out, and I start doing this on a regular basis, I do think a chest freezer is a necessity.
I’m looking forward to the experience. The friend that is going with me doesn’t cook much, so for her, this is a nice way to not have to do anything challenging for dinner, but have a nice meal. For me, it’s a nice way to take care of dinner without much effort. We seem to always have a great time with this sort of thing, with lots of laughter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!