Outlaw Chicken Sliders and Summertime Pasta with Chicken

I prepared the Outlaw Chicken Sliders from Dream Dinners on Tuesday. We had a baseball game that night, so we needed something quick, especially since I'd been dealing with my car issues.

Mac was out cutting the grass when I got home, and I told him that I'd get dinner started. In my rush to prepare dinner, so we could make it to the game, I forgot to prepare any of the veggies I had for dinner. Oops!

The Outlaw Chicken Sliders were very easy to prepare. The biggest delay was in waiting for the oven to preheat. To prepare them, you simply preheat the oven to 400, spritz a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray, place the chicken patties on the cookie sheet, and bake for 15 minutes. While those are baking you slice the rolls, wrap them in foil, and bake them for 5-10 minutes. Once you pull the chicken patties out of the oven, you place a slice of Swiss cheese on each patty, and then place on a bun, topping with french fried onions and their spicy mayo spread. They don't suggest placing the patties back into the oven once you've topped them with cheese, but as Mac was still outside, I did that. Besides, I always enjoy melted cheese.

Mac was very fond of the Outlaw Chicken Sliders, and I too found them very enjoyable. They had a spicy flavor, and the french fried onions added a nice crunch and flavor. We both agreed that the french fried onions were what really made this a very enjoyable meal, due to the flavor they added, and how they seemed to tie everything else together.

This meal was what Dream Dinners calls a "Fast Lane Meal." That means that it's pre-packaged for you, prior to your session, so you don't need to do anything for it. However, it also means you can't customize it at all. My general pet peeve with pre-packaged meals is that they rarely give you enough dressing, sauce, or toppings. In this case, we were given more than enough french fried onions and more than enough of their spicy mayo spread, so I was pleased.


Outlaw Chicken Sliders

Tonight's dinner is Summertime Pasta with Chicken and garlic bread. Mac is hiking the Abandoned PA Turnpike today, so when he gets home, he'll be in the mood to shower, eat dinner, and then probably go to sleep, since it's about a 17 mile, round trip hike, and the temperature is supposed to be around 95 today.

I have a meeting after dinner, so I'll eat dinner with him, and then he can go to sleep while I head to my meeting. Tomorrow night's dinner is to the Hofbrauhaus for their dinner buffet. Saturday night, we'll do the Steak Salsa Verde, along with veggies and scalloped potatoes. We were supposed to do that for dinner yesterday, but after a late lunch, I wasn't hungry before the game. Mac ate the leftover Outlaw Chicken Sliders, and after the game, I toasted a few English muffins for my dinner. Sad, isn't it? I've been so exhausted lately that English muffins were about the only things that sounded easy enough to prepare and good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!