Dream Dinners, July experience

Tiffany and I headed to Dream Dinners early on Saturday, for our July meal prep experience. We arrived a few minutes late, but it wasn't a big deal, since this time, we knew exactly what we needed to do. We divided up our cooking instruction cards, and jumped into preparing the meals. I did customize my first meal, which was the "Chicago Style Choice Cut Chicken with Red Skin Potatoes." I added a bit extra to the sauce, as when I cook it, I'll simply add extra chicken breasts for extra leftovers.

I had a few small issues with some of the meals this month. One was that for the pork burritos, I ended up with extra burrito filling, as if I filled them with the quantity they specified, I couldn't get them to roll without the filling leaking out of the shell. The other issue with it was that the shells tore a bit a few times. The third issue involved the Ziploc bags for most of the meals. I had multiple quart bags tear above the zipper. Nothing major though.

When I arrived home on Saturday, Mac and I planned the menu for this week, which is:

  1. Santa Fe Shredded Pork Burritos--Tuesday
  2. Kentucky Pork Chops--Wednesday
  3. Cheese Ravioli, Kielbasa, Peppers, and Onions--Thursday
The only meal I had right from my last post was the ravioli! I should've guessed that Mac would want to try the burritos. I need to make sure I have salsa verde for those as a topping. I'm going to pick up extra ravioli to toss in with the meal on Thursday, and will probably also pick up garlic bread and Caesar salad to serve with it.

I'll serve the burritos with refried beans and rice, along with a Southwest salad. I'll prepare green beans and twice baked potatoes (thank you Omaha Steaks sides!), along with Caesar salad to go with the Kentucky Pork Chops.

Tonight's dinner will be dollar dogs at the baseball game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!