Dream Dinners--Arroz Con Pollo Review

At my session on Saturday, I prepared an extra 6-serving each of:
  • Terracotta Chicken with Pita and Hummus
  • Crispy French Onion Chicken
  • Cattleman's Pie
  • Arroz Con Pollo
As such, the freezer was beyond packed, so I pulled out three meals for the week. In addition to the Cola and Lime Tender Pork Roast, I pulled out the first Arroz Con Pollo and Terracotta Chicken with Pita and Hummus from the freezer. I figured that this way, I'd rotate our stock.

The Arroz Con Pollo is prepared in a foil pan, so you simply top it with the sauce and cheese, then bake for 75 minutes covered, then another 5 minutes or so uncovered. I opted to only add one bag of cheese initially, and then added the second bag when I uncovered it to bake it. I opted for this in part because the lid about touched the chicken and rice mixture in some areas of the pan.

The Arroz Con Pollo was very good, and the sauce was very flavorful. The problem was that the sauce covered the chicken, but very little reached the rice, so the rice had no real flavor. Mac added some chili powder to his, which did boost the flavor in a nice way. I think for the next meal, I'm going to add a bit of chili powder to the rice before baking to see if that helps.

It was another good, solid, comfort food meal, and Mac loved how easy it was to clean up, as it was a foil pan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!