Dream Dinners Review--Test Recipe Red Chili Pork with Confetti Corn Bread (Southwest Pulled Pork w/Confetti Cornbread)

I'm slacking on blogging this week. I'm blaming my sinuses, since I've had a sinus infection and have been pretty much down for the count since Monday evening. Through it all though, Mac has expected that I cook dinner. Well, perhaps expected is too strong of a word. Requested, maybe?

I'd already planned on trying my latest Dream Dinners Test Recipe, which was Red Chili Pork with Confetti Corn Bread on Monday, and Monday night, it was really all the more I could do. It was incredibly simple! Preheat the oven, bake covered from frozen for 1 hour, 15 minutes, remove the lid, bake for another 10-15 minutes, and serve. I took care of getting removing the lid, and then when it was ready, Mac took care of dishing it out, and served it to me in bed. Yes, I was that miserable that I didn't even get out of bed to eat dinner.

It had a nice spice to it, and a very nice flavor. The cornbread was a nice touch, and was cooked through, but not dry. I really, really enjoyed this meal, and it was great comfort food! I'm really hoping to see this on the menu in a few months, as between the ease in preparing it at home, the flavor, and the unique spin on chili, I'd love to have this pretty regularly. I'd probably order a few extra servings of it each time it's on the menu, especially during winter months, as it would be great for a nice, hot meal on a wintry night!

ETA: From what I can tell, this is the March Southwest Pulled Pork with Confetti Cornbread.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!