Dream Dinners Review--Creamy Tortellini with Bacon

I made it to the doctor's on Tuesday and started antibiotics for my sinus infection. After my appointment, I napped for a few hours, until Mac came home. Our dinner choices were:
  • Chicken Marsala
  • Mule Deer Stir Fry for Mac/Chicken Mirabella for me
  • Creamy Tortellini with Bacon.
I opted for the Creamy Tortellini with Bacon, as the mashed potatoes for the Chicken Marsala were still frozen in spots and cooking two meals just seemed like too much work.

The Creamy Tortellini with Bacon was extremely quick to prepare, as I simply heated the sauce, boiled water, stirred in the cheese, peas, and bacon into the sauce, and then cooked the tortellini. The bacon added a nice hickory/smoky flavor, and the peas added a tender texture. The tortellini cooked in less than 5 minutes. The flavors blended well together, for a very enjoyable and simple meal. If this week wasn't so crazy, I'd probably try to pick up another meal of this, but between my Christmas party tonight, plans with a friend who will be in town tomorrow, and the holidays, there's no way I'm going to even attempt to make it out to Dream Dinners this week!

Mac packed up the leftovers from dinner, and I gave him one container for lunch yesterday. I saw another container with sauce, and in my rush to get to work, grabbed it without really looking at it. It turns out that rather than sauce and tortellini, it was just sauce. Mac's suggestion is that next time, I pick up a container of refrigerated tortellini and cook that with this recipe, so we use up the rest of the sauce. Right now, the sauce is in the freezer, and he'll probably cook that some evening when I have a girls night out, assuming I remember to pick up tortellini from the grocery store in advance of that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!