Mac's text message this morning...

I received a text message from Mac this morning, at 11:56 AM (Eastern). The text message simply read, "Great hunter." My reply was, "Yes..." If you're familiar with the movie Jeremiah Johnson, you'll understand. It's family tradition that when hunting, if you are successful, to tell those who didn't go with you that you were successful. It goes:

Hunter: Great hunter.
Other person: Yes.
Hunter: Fine figure of a man.
Other person: Yes.
Hunter: That is all you need to know. For now.

The follow-up text message I received was, "Your father-in-law and I are both done antelope hunting."

First morning, first day hunting, and they're done with antelope already. My father-in-law still has a mule deer license, so they'll still have a little hunting to do.

I'm beaming! I guess I'll have to learn how to cook antelope now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!