Dream Dinners Review - Williamsburg Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes

I had my first full meeting as Marshal for Eastern Star last night, plus since I'm on the finance committee, I needed to be there early to sign the bills and such. Since I need to wear a white dress while there, I needed something quick for dinner. This is one of those times where while I'm not sure what I'd do without Dream Dinners, I can guarantee it would've involved takeout or fast food. Now, we can have a great meal in about the same amount of time as carryout!

The directions for the Williamsburg Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes were fairly easy, although after tasting it, I should've ensured that each pork chop was covered with the marinade before dipping into the bread crumb mixture. I cooked each in a skillet while cooking the mashed potatoes, but rather than serve them as directed (top the mashed potatoes with the pork chops, then cover with gravy), I opted to plate them separately. I served them with corn, carrots, and asparagus.

The pork chops were good, and I think ensuring that all of them have a coating of the marinade will really add to the flavor. The gravy was flavorful, and I loved the pearl onions in the gravy! We had a few minutes to wait while the gravy cooked, so before we even ate, we had our leftovers packed. Mac washed the dishes while I got ready for my Eastern Star meeting.

Dream Dinners - Williamsburg Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!