Dream Dinners - Chicken Bacon Ranch Stuffed French Bread Review

I had a crazy weekend (more on that in another post), and as such, by Sunday night, I fell into bed, and didn't consider what we'd do for dinner last night!

Dream Dinners to the rescue! I knew the Santa Fe Shredded Pork Burritos and the Southwest Pulled Pork with Confetti Cornbread could be cooked from frozen, but I wasn't necessarily anxious to prepare any of those, as I wanted something different.

I thought I was going to have to scramble and just do pasta and sauce or some such, but instead, upon checking my list of Dream Dinners meals, I noticed that the Chicken Bacon Ranch Stuffed French Bread could also be cooked from frozen.

Woohoo!!! Dinner was set! I got home a bit later than planned, and then had to sort through a lot of mail, but I won't complain about that, because in addition to two checks, we each received our free one-year supply of BioTrue contact lens solution that we won from http://www.biotruedrynesspoll.com/. Now, to find a domestic violence shelter or some other group that can use them!

To prepare the Chicken Bacon Ranch Stuffed French Bread, I preheated the oven, then baked it, in the foil, for 50 minutes. I then unwrapped it so the top of the bread was exposed, and baked it for another 10 minutes. We then left it sit for not quite 10 minutes before cutting it. Ok, I was hungry, and didn't want to wait more than 5 minutes! Yes, I know, I have no patience!

I paired it with a Caesar salad, although we used that as our first course. :)

Oh, so yummy! Mac added some crushed red pepper flakes to his, and we both opened our pieces and ate it like french bread pizza, rather than a sub sandwich. It was flavorful, with a smoky bacon taste, and a nice cheese balance. Cleanup was a breeze! Mac packaged away the leftovers--lunch for both of us, his for today, mine for tomorrow.

I'll definitely order this again, as it was quick to prepare at the store, and I really like the flexibility of meals that can be cooked from frozen.

Dinner tonight: Asian Pork Loin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!