Dream Dinners Review--Asian Pork Loin

Dinner last night was the Dream Dinners Asian Pork Loin. I'd planned to make it last week, but then had other plans come up, and opted to postpone preparing it.

Mac left work at lunchtime yesterday, as he was exhausted. I'd tried to convince him to stay home all day, but he didn't listen to me. Silly boy!

I had to run a few errands after work, so I didn't get dinner in until about 5:45. The directions were very simple, like most:
  1. Place the pork loin in a baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray, fat-side up, and bake at 350 for 1 hour, 10 minutes, covering loosely with foil for the last 15 minutes.
  2. Heat the marinade in a sauce pan until boiling, remove from heat, then use to top the pork loin before serving.
  3. Allow the pork loin to rest for 5-10 minutes.
Mac took care of covering it with foil and letting it rest, and he brought up two good questions about that:
  1. Keep it in the oven or pull it out for those 5-10 minutes?
  2. Keep it covered or remove the foil?
I served the pork loin with chicken-flavored rice and a veggie blend of baby carrots, corn, and asparagus. The pork loin had a unique flavor to it. It was good, although it wasn't a rush back and get it again, but more of a get it when it's on the menu in six months or so. Mac cut the pork loin into thinner slices than the standard six servings, and I won't complain about that since I'm trying to behave. I think Mac enjoyed the flavor more than I did, but I won't complain about ordering it again.


Dream Dinners Asian Pork Loin

We still have a fair number of meals left in the freezer, and as I'm scheduled for my next session in two weeks, I need to work on cleaning out the freezer a bit! I think we're probably doing leftovers for lunch or dinner on Saturday, since I'm cooking tonight too, and we'll have those leftovers too.

My next session is for 72 servings, because I really liked their May menu. I'm pondering ordering an extra serving or two of some of the items, but at the same time, I have no idea how I'm going to fit all of this into the freezer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!