Dream Dinners Review--Rio Grande Chicken Fajitas

I'll admit, when preparing the Rio Grande Chicken Fajitas at Dream Dinners, I was a bit annoyed by the directions. I was instructed to mix a marinade, and then pour half of it into a Ziploc bag with the chicken, and the other half into a bag with the peppers and onions. I can about guarantee that one bag had more than the other. I'd have preferred that I mix 2 batches of the marinade, or that all of the marinade go with the chicken, as the peppers and onions, when thawed, don't really need a lot of extra liquid.

In cooking these, I appreciated that it only required one pan, plus baking the foil wrapped tortillas. I also appreciated that the number of tortilla made sense. I may have added extra chicken to each tortilla, but it seemed like there was far less chicken than what was needed for all of the tortillas. That said, next time, I'll cook some refried beans and some rice as well, and that will stretch the chicken.

Mac and I both really enjoyed this meal although it was far spicier than expected. Spicy isn't a bad thing with us, but it had far more kick. I'm really looking forward to the second order of these that we have in the freezer.

Tonight's meal is the Asian Barbecue Braised Ribs. Mac selected those for dinner tonight. We're knocking out a fair number of entrees, which is great, because we have three entrees that are prepared in baking pans in September, so we'll need all of the freezer space we can find. We'll have five baking pans, as I've ordered two of the Santa Fe Shredded Pork Burritos, and two of the Chicken Parmesan with Garlic Bread. Yikes! Looks like I'll be cooking a LOT this weekend and next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!