Dream Dinners Review - Terracotta Chicken with Pita and Hummus

I prepared the Dream Dinners Terracotta Chicken with Pita and Hummus for dinner last night. I served it with broccoli with cheese sauce. It was very easy to prepare. I simply wrapped the pitas in foil, placed them in the oven, which was heated to 350, and then cooked the chicken breasts in olive oil for a few minutes on each side. I did add the extra marinade to the skillet, rather than discarding it, as I figured it would add a bit of extra flavor. Once the chicken was cooked, and the pitas were heated, I cut them, according to the directions. I spread hummus on the pita quarters.

Terracotta Chicken with Pita and Hummus


The chicken had a very nice, spicy, complex flavor, and the pitas were warm and soft from the oven. The only problem we had with the meal was that served as directed, we didn't experience all of the flavors of the meal in each bite. After a few bites though, Mac and I both decided that the next time I prepare these, we're going to cut the chicken into strips once it is cooked and not cut the pitas, and then serve the chicken on the pitas (folded), with hummus and romaine lettuce, as that way, we experience all of the flavors in one bite.

I did opt to make additional servings of this, and will prepare those this Saturday.

In other news, I submitted a proposal to occasionally cater Toastmasters meetings. :) I'll know on Thursday afternoon how that was received.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!