Dream Dinners Review - Creamy Chicken Chipotle Ravioli

Dinner last night was the Dream Dinners Creamy Chicken Chipotle Ravioli. I expected this to have a decent kick, but it was really rather mediocre. It wasn't bad, but I had numerous problems with it.

  1. Many of the ravioli split open either while cooking or while being drained.
  2. The sauce was pretty bland, not spicy like expected and like implied by the name.
  3. It required using two pots, one to cook the ravioli, one to heat the sauce, plus a strainer, so it added a lot of dishes.

I did like that it was ready in no time, as the longest part of preparing it was waiting for the water to boil!

Creamy Chicken Chipotle Ravioli

We had enough chicken and sauce left after our meal that I packaged it in a container and tossed it in the freezer. It'll be a quick, inexpensive meal this winter, when paired with pasta, when there's not much else in the house. Either that or I'll cook it while Mac is out hunting in Wyoming, since I typically either rely on skillet meals, leftovers, or eat out then.

I'd order this again, in part because there was enough sauce for two meals, but I'll add crushed red pepper to the sauce next time, along with additional chipotle pesto to give it a bit of extra spice.

Dinner tonight: Maple Valley Boneless Pork Chops with Rice Pilaf, along with Caesar Salad and Broccoli with Cheese Sauce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!