Alpo Wholesome Biscuits #AlpoDogBiscuit

I received Alpo Wholesome Biscuits to Review in order to write this post. I am not being compensated in any other form for helping spread the word about the new Alpo Wholesome Dog Biscuits. Alpo / Purina  is not responsible for the content of this article. I was afforded this opportunity because I am part of the BlogPaws Professional Blogger Network. The Alpo dog biscuits were provided by NestlĂ© Purina. Random Thoughts only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. The opinions in this post are my own.

I love finding new treats for my dogs, and as Generalissimo Geno seems to love hard, crunchy biscuits, I was very interested in the Alpo Wholesome Biscuits! Nestle Purina just introduced the new Alpo Wholesome Biscuits for dogs, and they are now available in grocery stores.



They are affordable, and you can buy them when you pick up your groceries. They come in three sizes: small, medium, and large. I received the large biscuits, in a 24 oz. package, because my smallest dog weighs about 55 lbs!

A few facts about the Alpo Wholesome dog biscuit:
  • It comes in three size: Small, Medium, and Large
  • It contains 23 vitamins & minerals
  • It contains Calcium to help support strong teeth and bones
  • Real chicken flavor
When you look for these at the grocery store, you'll want to look for this package:

  

Now, granted, it's not the best photo, but I had three dogs nudging me, waiting anxiously for me tto open the package! When the package arrived, I was mobbed at the door, and was afraid my three were going to knock me down and claw open the box! They smelled the treats, and couldn't wait to try them!

You can imagine how annoyed they were with me when I paused to inspect the dog biscuit before giving it to each of them! 





Yes, that's Geno rolling his eyes at me, saying, "Mommy! I want it now!" I knew Geno loved them, because he was willing to sit still for a photo. Most times, if I even point the camera at him, he'll run away!

Geno absolutely devoured his, and Cobaka wasted no time eating hers, while Mauser took a bit of time to figure out how to eat his, but then again, he's now down 16 teeth after surgery a few weeks ago, so I'm not surprised! I think Geno may have a new favorite--Alpo Wholesome Biscuits!

 They're just the right size for "large" dogs--not too small that they'll try to swallow them whole, but not too big to give them too much of a treat.


I like giving the kibblers crunchy treats, because they are good for their teeth, so I was happy with that aspect of these treats. One disappointment was that the treats contain corn gluten meal, which means these are a very rare treat for Cobaka especially, but occasionally, I'll humor her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!