Good Weekend

On Sunday, Mac and I transported four puppies, a pug, and a border collie mix that was supposed to be about a year old, but looked more like 6 months, if that! We did our usual Harrisburg to Hamburg run, as Mac was eyeing up a gun at Cabela’s, and it worked well to go scope it out and decide if we were buying it. He sold one of his old rifles that he’s never shot, and fronted his overtime money from working last week, and left with the rifle. It’s his new antelope/mule deer hunting rifle.

We save aluminum cans, and rather than throw them in our recycling bin, he saves those and takes them to a scrap dealer occasionally. That’s his baby, and typically, he spends that money however he wants. He took those on Friday, and received $90, so he put that, plus a little extra cash towards it as well. Net out-of-pocket cost=$275. Of that, $200 is his overtime money that we’ll see next payday (yes, I fronted him the money, as we could do it, and I really didn’t want to deal with a trip up there over the holiday). He’s hoping to sell a sporterized 1917, so he may get a bit of extra cash from that as well.

While there, we had a late lunch/early dinner at Red Robin, in part so we could use the $20 off that we’d earned with our Red Robin Royalty Rewards program. Our dinner, after tip, was $14!

We’re headed back to Hamburg next weekend, to drive Stan, a supposedly wonderful pit bull, to a new rescue. We’ll use my birthday burger on Sunday, as it expires on Monday. I keep forgetting my card in my desk at work, since we’re using Mac’s for rewards.

While we were at Red Robin, we saw advertisements for the “Annual Taste of Hamburg-er Festival,” over Labor Day weekend in downtown Hamburg. It is in cooperation with Pennsylvania’s Beef Producers and the Beef Checkoff. I’m trying to convince Mac to attend. I think it’ll be a blast, but he’s pondering staying home. Perhaps I’ll see if Michele wants to go with me!

Speaking of the Beef Checkoff, I am still working on farm tour blog… I promise, that will be sometime this week or early next week! It’s a work in progress because there is simply so much information to process and include!

It was generally a good weekend! I managed to stock up on Reach toothbrushes and Colgate toothpaste. Weis had certain Reach toothbrushes and Colgate toothpaste discontinued, and they were selling it at 50% off, so I stocked up on those. In addition, I had a $1.00 off coupon for Colgate toothpaste, and each toothbrush had a $0.50 off coupon attached, so for the 6 toothbrushes, I paid $1.19/each. I figure that we’ll use them eventually, and this way, I don’t have to worry about buying them for a while. I also picked up a few breakfast sandwiches, and tried one for breakfast today! It wasn’t bad, and I’ll stock up on those as well, since they were discontinued too!

This week’s free item at Giant is Giant-branded salsa. I guess it goes with the tortilla chips that were free a few weeks ago! I picked up that, along with Diet Coke, since they have it on sale at 4 for $10. I opted for the Southwestern style salsa that includes black beans and corn. I love the free items at Giant, and most weeks, it serves its purpose. It causes me to head to Giant, where I always buy something else, even if it is my SavingStar weekend free item!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whirlwind Weekend in LA!

Introducing Mauser, Our New Family Member

Travel Without Leaving Home!